Sunday, July 13, 2014

The New Hoenn Elite Four

Hello!

I am still doing a lot of things right now, such as learning programming, doing stuff with D&D, hanging out, photoshopping, this and that. But another thing I'm still doing is writing--I'm still working on my Love Lilycove side story, after which I'll go ahead and finish up chapter one once and for all. I'm also planning to redo a lot of my previous posts about characters, story synopses, and whatever else I may have posted, except with updates and overall improvements. After finishing the first chapter of the regular story, I will "reward" myself by writing something really awesome...

What will I write? What's so awesome? Well, as you may have guessed, it's something to do with Hoenn's Elite Four. But I'm not talking about Drake, Glacia and all that good stuff. First of all, to match face with the dark realism of Love Lilycove as opposed to canon Pokemon, the evil organization is going to be actually really bad and do really dangerous and criminal things, and the Elite Four is going to be extremely strong. In fact, as will become apparent when at some point I post the "side story" I've been talking about (a back-story for a character named Orlando de Brina), even gym leaders will be mad strong.

As my story is futuristic (early 22nd century) and AU, I'm taking the bold liberty of "retelling" the story. By that I mean that the premise and events are different, but some canon characters will be featured here and there in a secondary manner. Most or all gym leaders, such as Flannery, will still be what they were despite this taking place in the future (though, do we really know when the real story would have taken place?). All or most of my main characters will always be made from scratch, and in this case, the same is true for the Elite Four and Champion, which I will detail below. Canon characters will not necessarily hold their original role, such as X City Gym Leader, Ash's companion, etc. Also, I won't age some canon characters excludively, but I may age the entire canon population as a whole (for example, everyone being two years older than their canon ages). I'll probably, for example, feature Kanto characters as their Pokemon Gold/Silver selves, whereas I may or may not have Flannery or other Hoenn people be of a different age. This is also because we can't say for sure which game corresponds to which year in the PokeWorld. For the time being, I have no plan to feature any canon character as being significantly aged or regressed--3-6 years is probably the maximum aging I may apply to anyone. For example, I like the older, more mature looking Misty/Kasumi, so if I do feature her, it will not match the season 1 style.

Early Misty (game style, but similar to show):





I have based the Elite Four on my friends and I :)

The first member of the Elite Four, along with the rest, follow a running theme of duel-type thematics I eventually develop in my story. The tentative (very tentative at this stage) name of the first of the E4 is named Cindy Umbra, and uses fire and dark type Pokemon. Her character flavour is a dark and passionate kind of mage-like lady, slightly reminiscent of Malva of the Kalos Elite Four and Karen of the Johto Elite Four.

Her first Pokemon is Houndoom, and what follows is Charizard, Arcanine, Hydreigon, and then her trump: a very high-level Umbreon.

I won't get too much into personalities for now, as I'd rather reveal all that in a more appealing manner.

Elite Four #2 is named Altea La Sylva (Pokemon-style pseudo French. And yes, I am reusing the name Altea, which is taken from my recent D&D character creation. She is (awesomely!) a fairy and dragon type user, and starts with a Sylveon. Next comes a Goodra, then either a Gardevoir or a Whimsicott (pending), a Dragonite (might make this just a Dragonair, I want to treat Pokemon like these as fairly epic beings), and her trump: a high-level Altaria. I have something special in store as well, which I won't reveal. Her character flavour is pretty normal, and in being so sets her apart from the rest of the Elite Four. She's young, normal, and not very confident (for now!), even though she is already powerful enough a trainer to deserve her position. Unlike the other members of the Elite Four, she will have some major involvement with the main characters at some points. (One or more of the other E4 members also gain some minor or very major relevance, but these aren't things I'd be willing to reveal just yet.)

#3 is named Aaron Goldleaf, and trains Steel and Grass type Pokemon. His character flavour is an architect, so with some bioethics background it is pretty suitable. In this case, it's like a mix of nature and technology, and in that sense a very artistic and real world relevant trainer style. His first Pokemon is Klefki, and next he uses Tropius, Magneton, and Breloom. His trump card is an Aggron, which like what can be seen from the other members, is more or less his namesake. He doesn't always use or reveal it, but his Aggron can Mega evolve. This is because he considers his position that of a judge of abilities rather than an all-or-nothing competitor.

The final member of the Elite Four is named William Snow. If I went the Japanese route, I would have called him Yukigami (surname) Toru (given name). Anyway, "Will" refers to the psychic type Pokemon he uses, and "Snow" should be obvious. 'William' is taken from part of my last name, and 'Snow' is in itself a real last name. His character flavour is basically similar to Lucian of Sinnoh's Elite Four, except more princely and chivalrous, as well as more cold and mysterious--very rich, fancy, and even a little bourgeois, but also stern and a bit dark. He is also extremely aesthetic, as his team might suggest. Furthermore, there is a lot more to him than just has position as the final member of the E4--but again, I won't be talking about this just yet ;p

His first Pokemon is Espeon, and the next three are Starmie, Lapras, and Sneasel (or Weevile, pending).
His trump card is a miscoloured (black) Mega Gardevoir (at least, it's black and looks like this in its Mega form and this in its regular form).

I have yet to decide on a Pokemon League Champion. (EDIT: I am posting this on a day inwhich I HAVE finally come up with a champion, so the post about the champion will follow immediately after this one!!)


Thanks for reading! More detailed summaries still to come.



~Yukigami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!