Sunday, January 5, 2014

Suisei no Gargantia

Hello~

Yukigami です~


So I finally decided to try watching Suisei no Gargantia. It's from a few seasons ago, I guess?

My brother and maybe A.C. or someone had suggested it to me, but I hadn't given it a shot yet. But all I have to say is, it is not a chore to watch this. Although I've seen four episodes so far, I probably shouldn't say absolutely that it will be truly great. But I think it will be quite good. Being from the Fate Zero guy,
Fate Zero:



it's not like my expectations were low or anything,
but this has been a really good and entertaining anime so far. The following is my nutshell review of Suisei no Gargantia so far: (reminder: the picture above is  Fate Zero, not Gargantia)


I'm not too much of a mecha person; I LOVED Gundam SEED/SEED Destiny (both, especially SEED) not because of the mecha element (though I'm not anti-mecha, and some Gundams looked nice), but because of the soundtrack, art, and most importantly, the emotion!
It was a very emotional and dramatic story, and I loved it!

So back to Suisei no Gargantia...


The first few minutes of episode one created the usual kind of mecha atmosphere: if you know what's going on, you are fairly focused on the screen and you are thinking about the people and machines involved and who's dying and who's owning. But since it's the first episode, it's the usual few minutes of @_@

After the first few minutes, things became quite clear despite the continuing space-fighting action but this time, I was mesmerized. Somehow the anime just looks VERY good, and captivated me, much to my surprise. I couldn't take my focus off.

As for the second half of the episode, all I can say is that it got even better. The main character looks good, there's nothing annoying about his character except for the mild possibility at this point that he might be an all-powerful kind of protagonist. But that's only for now, the impression within episode one. The setting moves over to Earth afterwards, an "origin of humans" location apparently unimaginably far away from Ledo's former whereabouts. When Ledo speaks his native tongue, it STRONGLY reminds me of Hataraku Maousama!! Plus the plot of a guy from another world trying to adapt to life in a normal society on normal Earth.
Reminiscent of this! xD :

There isn't too much else I can say about what little I've seen so far, but the ending theme, as posted earlier, sounds nice, and the video is beautiful!

It's still good after four episodes, and I'll be sure to post more thoughts soon. I like the main girl - she is drawn well and acts as a contributor to the show's aesthetics. She reminds me just a little bit of Nausica. Just a little. I like her better though.

This (below) is copied from Wikipedia (but I have omitted a little part at the end of it that was a bit of a spoiler...

A 16-year-old Galactic Alliance ensign. Trained as a soldier since birth, Ledo finds himself shipwrecked on Earth following a failed attempt by the army to destroy the Hideauze's home planet. As he interacts with his new surroundings and gets used to the crew of the Gargantia, Ledo is exposed to some concepts of human society long forgotten by his civilization due to its permanent state of total war against the Hideauze, like entertainment, cooperation and tolerance. Ledo gradually grows attached to his new friends on Gargantia.



Check it out!!






~Yukigami

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment!